Many projects tend to proceed from a design to enable your brief to be accurately met. The design also ensures that the investment into the project is ‘future-proof’ with respect to longevity of materials, day to day use of the space and importantly that planting choices are suitable for the various environments and will mature to meet the objectives and not simply look good on day one and outgrow their space in subsequent years.
Benefits of designed spaces:
- accurately reflect your requirements for that space
- future proof with respect to years of usage and reduced maintenance
- ensures that budgets are well invested and not wasted and can be accurately planned ahead of time
- planting is appropriate for the soil, aspect, objectives
- enable you to have a good insight into the project before any works commence and make revisions accordingly
- thoroughly review material choices
- be involved with planting choices (if preferred)
The design is typically a one-off cost that includes a briefing consultation, a thorough garden survey to establish existing planting, levels, drainage, local landscape impacts (overlooked? shaded?) final drawing consultation and minor amendments as required. It is presented with cost estimates for the works involved to help guide your decision making. These costs are later converted into full quotations if required. All designs are hand-drawn to reflect the unique nature of your requirements and special space.
To discuss your particular project contact Christian Dowle for more information. If you can e-mail some photographs of your garden with a brief description of what you would like from it then I can feedback the likely cost of the design work and also possibly some indication as to the cost of landscaping and planting. Send photos to :