Garden Inspiration is committed to protecting your personal information and complying with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This policy describes how we collect, use, store and disclose your personal information.
Garden Inspiration is a garden design and landscaping company. We collect and store information to enable us to provide the best service we can through good communication and understanding local landscape issues or directives that might have relevance for your project. Also to enable us to deliver services and goods in an efficient and timely manner.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Garden Inspiration collects the following types of personal information about you:
- Forename and surname
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Details of the garden project you are interested in
HOW DO WE RECEIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
Garden Inspiration receives this personal information about you:
- When you contact us directly via telephone or e-mail or visit the Garden Inspiration website (www.gardeninspiration.co.uk) to make a general enquiry
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
Garden Inspiration uses this personal information about you:
- To identify who you are when you contact us
- To provide you with the Garden Inspiration services you have requested
- To contact you regarding your Garden Inspiration queries and to answer your technical queries or general enquiries.
- To improve Garden Inspiration services and to carry out customer surveys
- To resolve complaints or issues you may have with a Garden Inspiration service
- To invite you to Garden Inspiration events you may be interested in
HOW WILL WE CONTACT YOU?
Garden Inspiration may contact you by post, telephone, email and/or text message, unless you have told us not to or have registered with the telephone or post preference services.
WHO DO WE PROVIDE THIS PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
Garden Inspiration does not pass any of this information to any third parties. We will use your address to access mapping data for survey use and also to suppliers to enable them to deliver materials and services for garden construction only.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
All personal information we have about you is stored within our Sage accounting software and is tagged for deletion following 3 years of no contact. We also hold a hard copy of your details in a file that we use during the process of our ongoing work together that is destroyed after 12 months of inactivity. We hold digital copies of your designs indefinitely unless otherwise requested. This is to enable further works if required not repeating the same process of surveying to keep costs down. Some design work and pictures may be used on our website or marketing materials with your permission only and with no reference to your name, address (only locality) or financial details of the project.
You have the following rights in connection with your personal information processed by Garden Inspiration:
- ACCESS – you can request access to your personal information and further details about how your personal information is handled by Garden Inspiration
- OBJECT – you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes or where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Garden Inspiration or by a third party
- RECTIFICATION – you can request rectification of any incorrect personal data held about you
- ERASURE – you can request erasure of any personal data where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Garden Inspiration or by a third party
You can also exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
If you are concerned or have questions about how Garden Inspiration handles your personal data please contact us and we will do our best to assist you.
Please note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (or any other appropriate supervisory authority), which may be accessed through the following link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
tel: (01684) 540530
Policy updated Jan 2019